APEA-AFT LEGAL SERVICES BENEFIT
Members have $2,000 for covered legal services each Plan year.
The APEA-AFT Legal Trust Fund will pay attorney fees
for most matters of a personal nature, such as wills, family matters
and real estate transactions involving your residence.
This benefit is available to you if you are in one of the following bargaining units:
• State Supervisory Unit,
• State Confidential Employees Association
• Alaska Higher Education Crafts & Trades Employees
• Fairbanks North Star Borough Employees Association
• Juneau Education Support Staff
• Juneau Mental Health Professionals
• Nome Joint Utilities Employees
• Valdez Federation of Teachers
• APEA-AFT Staff
TO USE YOUR BENEFIT
1. Select an attorney. Attorneys listed on our web site have agreed to restrict their fees. Other attorneys may charge a higher rate but will be partially reimbursed by the Plan, with the member responsible for the balance.
2. Fill out the User Agreement. At your first appointment, give the attorney your Legal Services Benefit User Agreement and a blank Case Description form. Print the forms from our web site, https://apea-aftlegaltrust.org. You may also request the forms from the administrative office.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
3. The attorney will send the invoice, case description and your user agreement to the APEA-AFT Legal Trust office.
4. The administrator pays the attorney and sends a check stub to the member.
The Plan Booklet gives a more complete explanation of the Legal Trust.
You may print it from our website or request a copy from the Plan Administrator.
We are here to help you use your legal services benefit.
APEA-AFT LEGAL TRUST FUND
211 4th Street, Suite 306
Juneau, AK 99801
Phone: (907) 586-9855
Fax: (907) 586-5905
Toll free: (800) 478-9991